Ralph Young Field, home of the Michigan State women's lacrosse program, has had a long source of history and tradition for Spartan athletics. Located in the heart of campus adjacent to Spartan Stadium, the facility features seating for more than 1,500 spectators. A press box features media seating, a state-of-the-art sound system and a camera platform on the roof. The facility at Ralph Young Field was dedicated on April 17, 1937, as MSU defeated the University of Chicago in a dual meet, 88-43. MSU hosted its first Big Ten outdoor track and field championships in 1960. The site was renovated at the turn of the century and constructed for the dual purpose of housing the MSU field hockey program as well as the men's and women's track and field programs. Eight light towers allow the Spartans to host night games. The playing surface is AstroTurf 12, a water-based turf.
Ralph Young Field is located on the Northeast Corner of W Shaw Lane and Chestnut Rd on the campus of Michigan State University