D1 rankings are a combination of the rankings committee and the D1 RPI calculation.
- Committee members submit their rankings. Each team receiving a 1st place vote gets 20 points, all the way down to the 20th place team getting 1 point.
- The points for all teams are totaled and the team receiving the most points is #1 and so on to #20.
- Once this is done #1 gets 20 points for the rankings calculation and so on.
- RPI is calculated on the following
- 25% Your win percentage
- 50% Your opponents win percentage
- 25% Your opponents-opponents win percentage
- Once this is calculated for every team with a minimum number of games teams are ranked highest to lowest RPI.
- The team with the highest RPI receives 20 points , second highest 19 and so on. Only the top 20 RPI teams get points.
- Committee points are 2/3 of the final calculation
- RPI is 1/2 of the final calculation.
- For example if the committee first place highest point total recipient gets 20 points and they are 3rd in RPI, their calculation would be 20+20+18. For a total of 58.
- Once everyone is calculated they are then placed Highest to lowest in total points. This result is the final top 20.
- Due to ties in points being possible we will use higher RPI to break ties.
- For example if two teams end up with 58 points total, the team with the higher RPI would get the better ranking.